Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Verrassing by Thai Chef

Surprise at Thai Chef

Ek het gister middagete by Thai Chef geëet en het die aksent van een van die manne langs my erken.

Ek: "Excuse me. I hope I'm not being rude, but I'm trying to place your accent."

Hy het na my gedraai en geglimlag.

Ek: "Are you from South Africa?"

Die mens: "Yes, I am!"

Ek: "Praat u Afrikaans?"

Die mens het gelag en geantwoord, "ja, ek praat!" Ons het toe 'n bietjie gesels oor die koue weer in San Francisco en Kaapstad. Dit was 'n aangename verrassing.


foto van yelp.com

I was eating lunch at Thai Chef yesterday and recognized the accent of one of the men next to me.

Me: "Excuse me. I hope I'm not being rude, but I'm trying to place your accent."

He turned to me and smiled.

Me: "Are you from South Africa?"

The man: "Yes, I am!"

Me: "Do you speak Afrikaans?"

He laughed and answered, "yes, I do!" We then chatted a bit about the cold weather in San Francisco and Cape Town. It was a pleasant surprise.

No comments: