Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kamermaats

(Roommates)

I'll have to keep my Afrikaans entries pretty small, at least at first. Even with an Afrikaans online dictionary, I don't have necessary foundation of grammar to say a lot. I thought about interspersing English phrases whenever I couldn't get an idea across, but decided against that for now. Here's today's quick Afrikaans entry.

Dit is halfses nm. Ek het na twee Afrikaans potgooi vandag in my slaapkamer geluister, "Afrikaans in Sydney" en "Cybersakkie." My flat het vier slaapkamers en een badkamer. Ek het twee kamermaats. Ons makeer een meer. Die plek is goed en is in die Castro buurt van San Francisco.

It is half before 6pm. I listened to two Afrikaans podcasts today in my bedroom, "Afrikaans in Sydney" and "Cybersakkie." My apartment has three bedrooms and one bathroom. I have two roommates. We need one more. The place is good and is in the Castro neighborhood of San Francisco.

No comments: