Sunday, September 21, 2008

God Hates Fangs

True Blood, a new HBO series by Alan Ball (American Beauty, Six Feet Under) has me hooked! It imagines a world where Japanese scientists have created and mass-produced a synthetic blood substitute, Tru Blood, which allows vampires all over the world to "come out of the coffin." It stars Anna Paquin (The Piano, X-Men) as Sookie Stackhouse, a psychic girl who falls for her Lousiana bayou town's first vampire resident.

Generally, I've found that I rarely like the lead characters of Sci-Fi/Fantasy as much as the supporting cast, but I *heart* Sookie Stackhouse. What really won me over was the way she reacted to a hot vampire talking to her about groin arteries. She demands RESPECT! Here are some assorted clips from episodes 1 & 2:

2 comments:

hmfic said...

Have you read the books? They're pretty good. Charlaine Harris. I think she's up to number 5.

It's Nikki, btw, if you remember me. :)

Anonymous said...

Sookie = Rogue with telepathy.