Thursday, August 28, 2008

McCain's Youngest Daughter

One of my upcoming projects is the story of Suravi's adoption. As an adoptee myself, it's an issue close to my heart. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that John McCain's family also includes an adopted daughter, Bridget, born in Bangladesh. Find out more over at Paul Myhill's blog.



While I'm a democrat, McCain was easily my favorite of the Republican primary candidates. In particular, I was very impressed with his stance against the Bush administration on the issue of torture. I'm glad I got a chance to see another side of the McCain family not often talked about in the news.

1 comment:

Tony Smith said...

I'm a sworn Obama voter, but I agree that it's nice to see McCain has a sense of diversity. I was just saying to my partner the other day that no matter which way this election goes, we're finally going to see change in the White House. We're either going to have an african-american president, or a female vice president. It's nice to see the precedent broken.