Friday, August 31, 2007

Greek & Chinese

Here's a look at some of the finished pencils for Kid Olympus, which touches on Dionysus Tan's dual heritage:

From left to right: Artemis, Apollo, Athena, Hera, Zeus, Poseidon, Hermes, Aphrodite, and Hades


Clockwise from bottom left: The Monkey King, Zao Shen, Kwan Yin, Jade Emperor, Guan Yu, Matsu, and Feng Po-po. Framed by the phoenix and dragon.


KO and his maternal grandparents


Robert is also working on Issue 7, the last one for the first trade paperback. Looking at his work on Kid Olympus, I can't wait for Pride High 7: Spring Forward!

2 comments:

Nenena said...

Wow, these pages look incredible. And I just wanted to drop by to say how much I love Kid Olympus. Antagonist though he may be, he is seriously one of my favorite characters in Pride High. I love the way that you made him a real, believable, and complex person, instead of just a two-dimensional bigot.

Verdant said...

Thanks! It's been a lot of fun writing him!