Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Broccoli Frittata

This was my first attempt at frittata. I was inspired by my friend Darin. I checked out a couple of online recipes and created this version of baked broccoli frittata.

Ingredients

A
1 large onion, diced
6 cloves of garlic minced (If you use a garlic press, you don't even have to peel them)
3 Tbsp olive oil

B
1 pound broccoli, chopped

C
8 eggs
1 large carrot, shredded
2 Tbsp dried parsley
1 Tbsp oregano
1 Tbsp dried basil
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper

D
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1/4 cup shredded asiago
1/4 cup shredded romano



Preheat oven to 350 F. Saute A in a skillet until onions are soft. Make sure skillet is suitable to bake in. Add B.



Beat C for half a minute. Add a few pinches of D to C. Pour C into the skillet, mix well, then place in oven uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove, top with rest of D and bake for 15 more minutes.

2 comments:

Drew said...

This looks very good; I may have to try it. It reminds me of a cooking website I really like called Cooking for Engineers. I'm always hunting for good side dishes. I'm okay with entrees and great with desserts, but the veggies elude me...

xcentric said...

oooh... nice job! looks yummy! I love broccoli!