Saturday, February 24, 2007

Bike Wheel Stolen

One of the real estate agents asked for help with an open house this weekend. She offered $120 total for Saturday & Sunday, so I thought "why not?" All I had to do was let people in, and the rest of the time I read Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire. And then at the end, when I was collecting the signs, I realized that someone had ripped the back tire of my bike off. I went to the bike shop, put in an order to have the tire replaced, and with new rim, inner tube, puncture resistant tire and labor -- the total came out to $130. And I still have to go in and help tomorrow. Ugh.

2 comments:

Fairly Odd Tofu Mom said...

OH DANG IT! What a bummer, and you were supposed to be MAKING money!

My sympathies, seriously! If it makes you feel better, we made your falafel yesterday (well, aproximately) and it was faboulous, as your recipes tend to be! I'm gonna post tomorrow-ish about it!

xcentric said...

Can you say, "tire iron-y".
ouch!

Hopefully my bad pun will cheer you up!