Saturday, February 17, 2007

$16.58

This week went well. I made a large batch of black beans from the pantry.



Combined with the free juice from work, this provided lunch for the entire week, except for Friday.



Dinners were the same every night, but with my love of deep-fried food, I didn't mind at all. Plus, a little bit of teriyaki sauce and srirachi make rice damn good.



Friday was special, as I was treated to an AMAZING lunch at the home of Tuan & George, two real estate agents I work with. I really wish I had my camera with me. Their home was AMAZING. The whole theme was modern Asian, with bamboo accents and black lacquer throughout. Writing that out just doesn't do it justice. If I ever make it back there, I'm taking pictures! Lunch consisted of baked brie with shiitake sauteed in garlic olive oil and a French-Vietnamese platter of potatoes, beets, and snow peas. I have no idea what the dish is called, but it kicked butt.

Later that night Paul & Dex (the creators of Pandemonium) treated me to dinner at Malacca, an Indonesian restaurant with Portuguese and Chinese influences. Not a bad week at all!

$3.24 - Red Sonja, Annual 1

The $100 February Challenge

1 comment:

Anna Haight said...

Good luck! Your're doing well!