Thursday, February 01, 2007

$100 February Challenge

Once again I'm REALLY feeling the budget pinch from the comic book. So I'm taking up a new challenge for the month of February. I'm going to withdraw $100 from the ATM and see if I can last the entire month on just that for both food and miscellaneous purchases. Obviously I'll have to cut out all the Chinese food I've been ordering recently, along with the sushi nights and Indian brunch buffets that just rack up too much $$$. I'm also going to walk or bike to work every day like I used to. It only occured to me yesterday that using the bus to get over the huge hill to Noe Valley costs $60 a month! Since bus tickets are $1.50, I just never really thought about how that little bit accumulates over a month's time. $1.50 each way, 5 times a week... with only $100 to spend in February the bus is definitely out. I'm still going to try to eat well, as well as have fun. It's going to be a challenge, but I'm up for it. Anything for Pride High!

No comments: