Thursday, November 02, 2006

Dude! Where's My Romance Novel?!

As a kid, I used to secretly go through my sister's stash of Harlequin Romance novels. Since there's a high probability that my sister will see this post, so much for secrets! Well, a few days ago, I heard about Discreet Young Gentleman. A trashy romance novel (I use the term lovingly), but with two guys?! It was a dream come true! I ordered it, received it yesterday, and only planned to read a couple of chapters. Well, I kept telling myself I would put it down... and then before I knew it, it was 5am in the morning and I had finished the book.

It's got dashing young men, ghosts, class conflict, internalized homophobia, severe body image issues (yes, really), and some rather hot lovin' romance-novel style. The comedic moments are done just right, and add to the poignancy of the lovers' dilemma. MJ Pearson is quite talented and I'm looking forward to reading more of her work!

1 comment:

Foodie's Hope said...

WOW!! Not for a foodie!! Bye..:))