Sunday, August 06, 2006

Bike Tour of San Francisco

After waking up at 1:30pm today, I decided to reclaim the day with a 20 mile bike tour of San Francisco. I meant to do this back when I first moved to San Francisco back in August of 2004. Better late than never!



One of my least favorite intersections, 14th and Folsom



A quick pit stop at Rainbow Cooperative for some amazake to fuel my bike ride



The Main Public Library



The Farmer's market in front of the Civic Center



Market Street



Fisherman's Wharf



Embarcadero



Treasure Island



Teatro Zinzanni, a popular Italian dinner theater joint



Tourist Central



Alcatraz



Golden Gate Bridge in the distance



The sea lions



Fort Mason Park



Getting closer...



Surfers at Golden Gate Bridge



A sea lion playing with the surfers



The Pacific from Golden Gate Bridge



Nearing Marin



Marin County



Alcatraz from Marin



Oakland far in the distance



Downtown San Francisco just in view



More of Marin



Sea Cliff Coyote crossing



The Pacific from Sea Cliff



The wonderfully long, downhill ride to Ocean Beach



Golden Gate fading into the distance



A monument to San Francisco's Japanese-American immigrants



Marin from Sea Cliff



Another monument to the Japanese-Americans, though completely in Kanji



Ocean Beach



Ducks at Golden Gate Park



Downhill on 17th on my way home



I couldn't wait to take a shower. I was exhausted, and extremely cold due to the temperature drop in the Sunset (San Francisco's microclimates are nothing to mess with). Next time I'll be more prepared. But despite my exhaustion, it was an incredibly fun ride with breaktaking views. San Francisco is such beautiful city.

1 comment:

Serendipity said...

These are really great SF pictures. I've never been there, but someday, I'll take all my family in there for vacation.