Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Rajma Rasmisa

I never get tired of kidney beans. They're just so hearty, especially when paired with a tomato-based sauce. Here's an Indian cousin of Tex-Mex chili, Rajma Rasmisa.



A
1 cup dry kidney beans

B
2 Tbsp oil
medium onion, diced

C
1 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp coriander seed
1 tsp peppercorns
1 tsp anardana (dried pomegranate seeds)

D
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 in x 2 in slice of ginger, minced

E
2 cups tomato sauce
2 tsp cayenne
1 tsp turmeric

Soak A in plenty of water overnight. When ready to cook, rinse, replace water, and bring to a vigorous simmer for about an hour. Once tender, boil water down rather than rinsing the beans through a colander. While A is boiling, in a saucepan sauté B until onions are golden. Grind C in coffee grinder until it is a fine powder, then add to B. Vigorously stir and flip contents for about 30 seconds, then add D. Sauté for another minute, then add E. Mix well over high heat, then add cooked beans. Simmer for about ten minutes, then serve!

Rajma Rasmisa (Kidney Beans in Spicy Tomato Gravy)



I usually eat kidney beans with rice. But for a little variety, I warmed up some corn tortillas and ate the combo like a soft taco meal.

6 comments:

Robert Padbury said...

oh my god that looks insanely good

rosie said...

Hi! I just wanted to say that I just found your blog and I am SO gonna be reading it regularly!! The recipes look tasty, nutritious and easy to cook (a must for me- since coming to college I seem to have lost all my culinary skills!!)
I will deffo. be trying some out.

Vegan Rapunzel said...

Dude, I made this last week and it was REALLY good!! Though, I had to do without the anardana... haven't found it locally. Will have to travel a bit further cuz even the 2 Int'l grocers didn't have it. (Though I *did* find pomegranate molasses that I needed for another recipe... can't remember if it's one of yours... or from my new Int'l cookbook.)

Anyway, the heat in your dishes is quite a bit higher than I can tolerate. So, I toned the cayenne down to about 1/2-3/4 tsp and kept everything else the same. I ended up eating this dish all by myself (okay ... over the course of 2 days but still...).

With the last little bit of this leftover, I added about a tablespoon of coconut milk (the quality stuff). MMMMMMMM!

Thanks for your recipes. I'm enjoying all these Indian dishes, as I'm new to this style of cuisine. (And I'm amazed how much I love it!)

Verdant said...

Hey VP! That's awesome you've gotten hooked on Indian food. To be completely honest, I would not still be a vegetarian had I not been introduced to this cuisine.

I was on the verge of ditching vegetarianism due to boredom when some friends took me to an Indian restaurant in college. I was blown away. And then I met my friend Nikita who really showed me the way. It's great that you're making your own journey through this incredible cuisine.

珊珊李 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色,性愛

amy said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色