Saturday, July 01, 2006

Food on the Cheap

With the money I'm putting into the comic book, I've had to tighten up my finances. Far and away my largest optional expense is food. I was spending around 20 dollars a day on breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I've gone for stretches of time back in my college years on very little money for food, so on June 25th I put myself back on the "off-campus college meal plan."

I bought a total of $26 in groceries last Sunday. I kept things pretty simple with bread, eggs, cheese, peanut butter, brown rice, and yogurt. With other items in my pantry, in particular dried beans, I've gone this entire week without eating out. And, glancing at the pantry and fridge, I have enough food to last another week!

1 comment:

Michael said...

If it's any consolation to you, after seeing the flyer for Pride High in Whatever today...you'll have a regular subsriber in me. Love the idea, loved the homepage, and thank you from the bottom of my gay comic fan heart! :)

P.s. I hope ya don't mind but I put a link about the comic in my blog and will put the site up on my blogroll.