Monday, January 23, 2006

Animas

"Animas" is a student short horror film being shot at Stanford University that deals with issues of alienation, societal apathy, the fear of growing old, and the inability of reason to explain certain phenomena in our lives.

The film centers around Nikki and Josh, a newly-married couple living on campus at a prestigious University. Josh is busy writing his dissertation; meanwhile, Nikki finds it difficult to connect with anyone in the cold, isolated world of academia. Unfortunately for Nikki, someone is trying to connect with her: Josh's dead mother, a former witch, is attempting to possess her body. But no one around Nikki listens, including Josh. Nikki turns to a good witch, Karla, for help. Together, the two embark on a mission to rid the spirit of the mother's ghost from Nikki once and for all. Will they succeed?


"I really liked the premise of your film. As a former Harvard student from a less than posh background, I can totally empathize with the non-supernatural aspects of Nikki's plight. I also happen to be a huge fan of horror films. Anything combining a grim look at academia with horror is something I'd love to be a part of! Specifically, I'd like to audition for the role of Josh..."

See! I audition for straight roles, too! One nice thing about this production is that it will be shot over a weekend. I just started a new job, so weekend gigs are the only ones I'm able to commit to.

3 comments:

Anthony said...

Came in to look for new recipes.. Did i mention that I linked ur tofu post in my last weekend's food carnival?

Verdant said...

Thanks Anthony! I'm still cooking these days, but I just haven't had the time to post pics and recipes, since I just started a new job. Acting doesn't pay the bills. One day!

Indira said...

I'm going to see you on SAG award show on TV, soon, all dressed up, thanking your fans and this particular food blogger.:) You are going to do great, I believe that. Keep the spirits up! and in the meantime, dazzle us with your culinary creations. Best wishes!